|All blog entries are the opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of their employer. All the code presented is for explanation and demonstration purposes only. Any damages incurred to your site and/or data are not the responsibility of the author. Every effort is taken to ensure the code properly compiles, however sometimes there are some hiccups and you might be required to do your own debugging.
Where did Windows 10 Mobile come from?
Monday, April 18, 2016 8:03 PM
Have you ever wondered WHERE Windows 10 Mobile came from? Here’s a quick snapshot of the history of Microsoft’s mobile platform.
Are you a Windows 10 Mobile developer? Ever wonder just how we got to 1.1% market share? Here’s a quick overview of Microsoft’s storied mobile platform history.
Microsoft Windows Phone\Mobile Timelines
*links to certain news links\announcements are available for some key\contentious points in time
- Oct, Microsoft releases WP7 with flagship Samsung Focus
- Nov, WP7 on Samsung Focus released a month late in Canada
- Oct, Microsoft releases WP8, breaking ties with WP7
- Apr, at Build
- Satya Nadella announces Microsoft's priorities are "Mobile First, Cloud First"
- Microsoft announces two bridge tools to bring iPhone and Android apps to Win 10 Mobile
- Jul, Microsoft admits Nokia purchase $7.6B "Monumental mistake"
- Jul, Microsoft announces 7800 Nokia job cuts
- Nov, Microsoft released Windows 10 Mobile
- Nov Lumia 950, 950XL officially released, but not in Canada
So that’s the quick over view of Microsoft’s mobile platform. Recently I’m reading how Nadella is playing “the long game.” Well, keep your eyes peeled to this blog for an upcoming blog on my thoughts on THAT plan. Until then, it’s time to grab a coffee and get coding!